The new Capital One headquarters is a 143 meter tall, 87,750 m² building — the tallest office building in Northern Virginia. The Tysons Corner campus is located on a parcel bordering the Capital Beltway, within a quarter of a mile of the McLean Metro station. The new headquarters is the second tallest structure in the area, behind only the Washington Monument at 169 meter.
- Continuous drop beams between columns and core
- Top floor height exceeds the maximum standard leg extension of the DokaTruss tables.
- Using the Truss table trolley allowed moving trusses sideways around columns.
- The majority of the deck formwork was able to be flown into place, reducing crew size and labor.
- Doka’s Super Prop with bracing gates provides extra leg extension for the higher top floor.