A familiar and well-proven product on countless sites over the years, the bright yellow 3-SO formwork sheet is an ÖNORM B 3023-compliant 3-ply formwork sheet made of spruce that is designed to deliver an even concrete surface with a uniform, slightly wood-structured appearance. It provides dependable quality for many repeat uses and first-rate concrete results, at a favourable price/performance ratio.
Alongside the existing dimensions in widths of 50 cm and 100 cm, the low-absorbency 3-SO formwork sheets are now also available in the XXXL-formats 250x125, 300x150 and 600x150 cm. These make it feasible to form fair-faced concrete surfaces with a small number of sheet-joints and thus fewer joint-related ‘shoulders’. The sheets have high dimensional and angle accuracy and are uniformly coated with urea melamine resin adhesive.
The 3-SO sheet is typified by the following attributes:
• robust, for repetitive re-use with better endurance behaviour than plywood (especially regarding twisting)
• highly bending-resistant in the longitudinal direction, yet with low weight
• low-absorbency sheet surface for uniform concrete faces with normal pore formation and a light concrete colouration
• the wood-grain pattern means that any textural interruptions in the concrete surface are less visible than with smooth formwork sheets
• insensitive to nailing, drilling and cutting, with no need to re-seal the places affected
• relatively low swelling, no rippling
The low-absorbency 3-SO formwork sheets in the XXXL-formats 250x125, 300x150 and 600x150 cm are available from Doka as of now.