The Route 47 Missouri River Bridge is a vital link for both Franklin and Warren Counties
with about 11,000 vehicles a day using it. The Missouri DOT is building a new
bridge to replace the old deteriorating bridge. The approximately $43 million, 2,560-
ft bridge, located west of the existing bridge, will have two 12-ft lanes with 10-foot
shoulders. It will also have a 10-ft bike/pedestrian path that will connect to the KATY
Trail in Warren County.
- Architectural concrete finish
- Not permitted to use standard gang formwork
- Limited amount of time in schedule to build custom boxouts
- Custom Steel Girder Formwork prebuilt and delivered to the site ready for use
- Custom Girder that provided the desired architectural concrete finish
- A cobination of standard and custom Steel Girder forms that were prebuilt and delivered to the site ready for use
Why was Doka selected as the formwork supplier?
- Ability to meet tight jobsite schedule requirements
- Solution provided achieved the desired architectural concrete finish
- Doka engineering provided 3D drawings to provide a visual understanding and support with assembly onsite