The Northern Marmara motorway is a bypass for a city with severe traffic congestion - Istanbul. From Akyazi on the Asian side, the motorway crosses the Bosporus Straits on the newly built Third Bosporus Bridge. From there, the motorway continues northwest on the European side of the straits to Istanbul’s new third airport. The Çayırköy section includes two bridges, both built by the incremental launching method.
- continuous changes in cross-section geometry and longitudinal inclination of the bridge
- Safe, fast access to all pier heads so that the temporary slide bearings are easy to reach and operate for the
- adapted Large-area formwork Top 50 with adjustment zones and closure zones
- optimised formwork solution specifically for incremental launching, with integral formwork closing and opening mechanism
- complete formwork solution, including the specified platform solutions and vertical-access amenities for all the tasks necessary for the construction process, such as placement of the reinforcement, formwork operations and incremental launching