In addition to the works also underway at the nearby Albert Embankment Foreshore site, Doka have been supplying pre-assembled Top50 formwork, D22 platforms and Staxo shoring solutions to support the teams with the two complex shafts for the pumping station (HPS) dropping 24 metres itself and also the Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) connection which falls 47 metres below London.
The combination of both pre-assembled Top 50 and D22 platforms enabled FLO to achieve a fair faced concrete finish in a system capable of managing the heavy loads required to facilitate the customers requested pouring heights.
Doka also provided lining solutions to single sided connection tunnels and culvert tunnels at the site. The 4-metre diameter connection tunnel was constructed using a curved, pre-assembled Top50 panels system while the smaller 2.4-metre diameter culvert used a specially constructed bespoke steel shutter solution for the crown and traveller from Doka.
Engineering services and solutions from Doka formed a key part of this project requirement to help Tideway meet the requirements of working in a restricted tunnel environment, on a restricted space site with exacting quality requirements. Helping the teams on site was Doka Senior Site Demonstrator, Patrick MacNamara who observed, “The team on this restricted site managed to achieve some great rates of productivity with the Doka systems. Once we helped them with the initial set-up they were self-sufficient and able to work safely and efficiently on both the shafts and tunnel sections.”The Project Requirements:
The Project Considerations:
- 47 metre deep, 16 metre radius combined sewer overflow shaft linings
- 24 metre deep, 10 metre radius pumping station shaft linings
- 4.0 metre diameter connection tunnels
- 2.4 metre diameter culvert tunnels
The Doka Solutions at Heathwall:
- Restricted site access
- Restricted live workface zones
- High quality fair faced concrete finish requirements
- Large pour height requirements
- Concrete temperature considerations
- Pre-assembled Top50, D22 dam climbing and Staxo 100 shoring based systems
- Bespoke steel tunnel solutions + standard rentable equipment
- Doka engineering group design & expertise
- On site demonstrator support