The new Storstrøm Bridge will be one of the few bridges in the world to feature a two-track high-speed railway, a dual carriageway, a combined cycle and pedestrian path, all on one cross section. The Danish Road Directorate (Vejdirektoratet), a part of the Danish Ministry of Transport, is responsible for the construction of the bridge.
At this project, Doka Italy is providing formwork solutions to one of the consortia working on the project- JV Itinera- one of the top players in Italy and in the world, in the construction of great infrastructure projects. Doka Denmark provides continuous assistance to the project in the form of sending our technicians to the construction site when needed, to ensure that the delivered equipment is used as intended.
Doka project manager: Michele Bolzoni
Doka Falsework estimator: Ivan Vertemati
Challenge and Doka solution:
- Very high safety standards
- Architectural concrete surface requirement (Formwork without tie-rods)
- Box-girder with complex geometry (different levels of top slab)
- Inclined columns in box-girder
- Special steel formwork for the piers to minimize anchor points
- Doka Large-area formwork Top50 with special wooden box elements