Location: 10 York Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Construction work performed by: Hardwall Construction 2005 Ltd.
Architect: Wallman Architects
Type of structure: Luxury residential building
Height: 735 ft.
Cycle time: 4 day cycle
- 4 day cycle
- Not permitted to use traditional truss tables because of the close proximity of the jobsite to a major highway.
- Shear wall construction restricts movement of shoring material through building.
- Limited spaced on ground for staging and storage of material.
- 10 ft. deep transfer slab suspended 40’ above floor below.
- Shear walls: Framed formwork Framax Xlife.
- Facade: Protection Screen Xclimb 60 with integral loading platforms.
- Re shoring: Super props.
- Shoring: Load-bearing tower Staxo 100.
Why was Doka selected as the formwork supplier?
- Doka’s proven track record on previous projects.
- Engineering group’s ability to incorporate customers ideas and requests into design.
- Incredible site service staff.
- Economical and practical solutions.
- Pre-fabrication of panels.
- Easy assembly and installation onsite.
- Preassembled units unfold and pin together onsite for quick assembly and installation onsite.
- Full perimeter protection at working level.
- 16’ projection from building allows for shoring tables to be easily cycled.
- Windscreen platforms at slab working level which allows the shoring material to be rolled out onto working platform without use of crane.
- Crane time is reduced since wall formwork is stored on protection screen loading platforms.
- 7 fully loaded windscreens climb at once.
- Fast core and shear wall cycling with Framax stripping corner and shaft platforms.
- Protection Screen Advertising.