The luxury high rise condominium, Pacific Gate, marks a turning point in San Diego’s downtown transformation. It is expected to be the most prestigious address in Downtown San Diego and California’s first “super prime” tower. Situated in the waterfront district and one block to the Broadway pier, the structure reflects the fluid forms of the shoreline, and redefines the city’s skyline. Pacific Gate will include 41 stories and 215 residential condos.
The oval shaped tower has a long axis and is situated on a diagonal angle to maximize water facing views. The floor plans were shaped to create two nested arcs with sharp beaks at either end — these are designed for balcony spaces at both ends of the tower.
- Limited space on the site
- Unable to use Truss Table system
- Super Climber SCP was the solution for this integrated core design.
- Protection Screens allow for safety and protection of glass being installed as building climbs.
- Doka continuous support and service.